Film School Rocks
(MINI) LIFE UPDATE!
Are you ready, Tumblr?
This month of film school, I’m taking a class called Cinematography. It has seriously been one of the best (if not THE best) class I’ve taken so far. We get to learn about film, emulsion, the ARRI 35III, how to load magazines and stocks — all that jazz. It’s been a blast so far. Next week we shoot our very first project on 35mm film! We only get 400 feet of film, which is about the equivalent to 4 minutes and 20 seconds, but, man, how excited am I!
Aside from that, the months of September and October are seriously going to be one of the coolest of all times! Although Cinematography class is fun, the next two months is going to be 16mm class. Now, this is a bit different from Cinematography because we’re actually shooting a short film. We have practically an entire month and a half to prepare, and a few days to shoot. This will consist of set design, an actual budget from costumes and props, rehearsals, blocking, and everything in between! However, for this class, everyone who wants a key position must first send in an application.
Since I’m going out for the position of DP (Director of Photography), this includes:
- 10 picture storyline (basically, you have to make up a story and tell it using only 10 photographs)
- 8 photographs of subjects/people
- 10 photographs that demonstrate understanding of composition, depth of field, etc.
- Sample lighting plot of the script
- An interview questionnaire
The interview questionnaire actually has some really deep questions.
One of them is: “Who is one of your heroes? Why are they your hero?”
I still haven’t answered that one yet, but I wanted to hear how you guys would answer that question. Leave me your answer in my ask box!
Hope all is well!
18 Notes/ Hide
- cakekl likes this
- itbeginsatmidnight likes this
- franzmvc likes this
- thoughts-of-grace said: I’m soooo excited for you, Andre (:
- thoughts-of-grace likes this
- recoveringfromlife likes this
- mayhopearise likes this
- mayhopearise said: the 10 picture story line sounds awesome!
- soundandgood said: So cool!
- andrebob posted this